Thursday, April 14, 2011

Benefit BADgal Plum Mascara

I have a certain respect for Benefit mascaras that even if they're not my favorite, I find myself willing to try every variant available. I received a sample of BADgal Plum and eagerly tried it out.


I don't think that they sell the sample size of BADgal Plum but I have seen A Little Bit BADgal Lash Mascara (in black) for sale. That 0.14 oz. tube, which is the same size as this sample costs $9. The full size 0.3 oz. tube is $19.




With colored mascara, you have to be going for more than simply making your lashes look more lush. The plum shade is supposed to enhance the eye color. You can use it all over the lashes or you can use a black mascara to start with and top with color. I've tried it both ways and I'd say the effect of the plum is much too subtle to be really noticed.

I'm not convinced that this is worth getting in full size, if only because I don't really get the eye-enhancing effect. The formula is ordinary and not the most long-lasting I've seen. The brush is big and hard for me to use. But if you like the regular DiorShow brush, you'd probably like this.




Benefit's regular BADgal lash mascara (in black) has the same brush, as does BADgal blue. I've tried them all and if I had to pick one, I'd go with the black. I even bought BADgal brown when it came out. I thought it would have a better brush because it was smaller and easier for me to use but it clumped so badly that I gave up and threw out the tube after a few uses. BADgal Plum is ok but at the end of the day, I wear mascara to look like I have longer, thicker lashes. This kind of mutes that effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment