Sunday, March 13, 2011

Top 5

I write this list every week now but it's never in any particular order. If anything, the first item is probably what came to mind first. There's a link to a related post whenever possible and I update with links to future posts when I remember to :) So here's the top 5 for the week:

1. EcoTools brushes - these budget-friendly brushes have been my go-to brushes all week. I have three favorites, the powder brush, the blush brush and the bronzer brush. These can definitely compete with makeup brushes three times their price and are made with eco-friendly materials. The bronzer brush is the hardest to find. If you ever come across it, get it.


EcoTools brushes from left: Blush Brush, Bronzer Brush, Powder Brush

2. Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Wheat - I've been in such a rush lately that I've had to pare down my routine to basics. That means no fuss colors that go with everything and this eye base that helps keep me looking polished even if all I have time to put on is eyeliner.




3. Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow - It takes two seconds to swipe Trench all over the lid and 2 seconds to sweep Rosewood from the lashline to the crease. They're so neutral, there's no way you can go wrong. And they last all day long. Just lovely.


Swatches from left: Trench (best ever skin match), Rosewood (taupe)

4. Sephora Collection Ultra Vinyl Lip Pencil - I've had my Sephora Ultra Vinyl Lip Pencil in Sweet Beige stashed in my purse all week. I may leave the house with a different lip color but I use this to touch up throughout the day. I've tried different glosses on top of it too. I haven't settled on a favorite but I'll say this: just about anything looks good on it.




5. Laura Mercier Cake Eyeliner - This is my ultimate favorite eyeliner in the world. Tightlining is second nature to me that I'd bother with it even if I'm in a hurry. This is a champion formula that doesn't budge. The three basic colors are Black Ebony, Mahogany Brown and Bleu Marine swatched below. The brand has come out with some new shades though. I hope to review at least one new shade in the coming days.


Swatches from left: Black Ebony, Mahogany Brown, Bleu Marine

No comments:

Post a Comment