Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tarte Mineral Powder Bronzer in Park Avenue Princess


Ulta had a special on the Tarte Park Avenue Princess bronzer last week and I decided to snag myself one while it was only $15.

Tarte Mineral Powder Bronzer in Park Avenue Princess

I was expecting a heavier tint from looking at it in the pan but was pleasantly surprised at how light this actually was. It's described as a light yellow gold and I agree. It gives you more of a light golden sheen as opposed to heavy bronzing. So far, I really like it.


Park Avenue Princess Flash Photo

People have different expectations when it comes to bronzers. I like a light tint because I'm pretty fair and while I try to steer clear of shimmer, I do appreciate a mild glow. With this, it's not impossible to overdo the glow (and end up looking like a shimmer ball) but with a controlled hand, you could build color into a flattering sheen.

I had been using Revlon's Suntan Matte as a finishing powder but I think that Park Avenue Princess makes Suntan Matte fail miserably in comparison. With Park Avenue Princess, you can easily pick up product once your brush hits the pan. I also like that the glow is golden, not reddish or orange. To a certain extent, I feel that Park Avenue Princess is not necessarily a bronzer in the true sense of the word but I apply it like a bronzer and end up using another bronzer/blush product to give my cheeks more color.






This product is oil and talc free and contains no parabens. It also contains antioxidants (in the form of vitamins A and E) which should make it pretty good for the skin. I apply it using a big bronzer brush.




Can I live without it? Yes. Would I buy it again? If I actually finish it up and it goes on sale again, maybe. The cheap packaging certainly doesn't warrant the regular price of $29 and I am disappointed that it's made in China. But I do like it and imagine myself using it throughout the season. I've used it everyday since the day I got it. As far as bronzers go though, you will only appreciate it if you like really light bronzers and prefer a golden glow over a real tan look.

2 comments:

  1. Stumbled across your blog the other day and hit the 'follow' button immediately, I love your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I really appreciate that :)

    ReplyDelete