Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring/Summer Essentials List

Hello Spring! In place of today's regular top 5, I've come up with my list of spring/summer makeup essentials to create the look I'll be wearing all season. I'm still waiting on a few summer releases but this will give you an idea of what I'm eyeing as well.

1. For eyes, I'll be working with Chanel Ombre D'Eau Fluid Iridescent Eyeshadows which are wonderfully easy to use. They do not require primer, are nicely waterproof and budgeproof. My pick for easy neutrals are Delta (light gold) and Sand (taupe brown). I complement with the Laura Mercier Cake Eyeliner in Mahogany Brown for a natural effect and a favorite mascara.




2. For cheeks and for all over warmth, I'm going with Guerlain's Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder in No 01 Blonde. Blonde appears to be designed for fairer skin tones and meshes pink with a light bronze and a subtle shimmer. Darker complexions may want to go with No 02 Brunette, which has a darker tan base mixed with some coral.




3. For lips, I'm waiting for the release of the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine line so I can pick up a pretty apricot sheer lipstick. Playing around with Boy, I've realized that it also works nicely on top of more pigmented lipstick shades, kind of like a gloss stick. Pending their appearance on counters, I've been enjoying Frizzy Mango from the Guerlain Kiss Kiss Gloss line. It's a pretty coral gloss with a pearl effect.




4. I often stick with the Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer in lieu of foundation for the summer. I use it with an oil-free primer. This has been my staple for years. But getting ready for spring and for days when I want just a tad more coverage, I've been trying out Maybelline's FitMe line, Burberry Sheer Luminous Fluid Foundation and Guerlain's Lingerie de Peau to see if I can find a perfect match. So far, I'm liking the new Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua but I haven't reached a final verdict.




5. If the weather gets really hot, I may turn to Laura Mercier's Mineral Pressed Powder with SPF15 as a finishing powder and for touch ups. I like the idea of a physical barrier on top your regular sunscreen and/or foundation with sunscreen. Laura Mercier's Invisible Loose Setting Powder is also great for setting liquid foundation although it has no SPF. All you need is the tiniest bit. A pair of large lens sunglasses and a wide-brimmed hat ought to complete the look.


No comments:

Post a Comment