Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Nude Lustre

Revlon's display yielded only one possible match to my nude-peach description and I went home quite excited to see how Nude Lustre would work out for me.



Nude Lustre has excellent pigmentation and can be worn alone without issues. I thought it was very glossy and I was impressed that a drugstore gloss might actually be at par with brands that are twice the price. (I'm looking at you, MAC)




In the picture below is the tube of Nude Lustre next to Sunshine and one of Revlon's Liquid Lipstick shades called Prized Peach. This is a flash photo and it picks up a lot of the lighter shiny pigments of Nude Lustre making it look a fair bit beigier and lighter than Sunshine but it really is a close match in the tube. Prized Peach turned out to be way off so I'm not going to bother with the review for it. It is also not a gloss, but a liquid lipstick, which I realized when I got home.


Top to bottom: Nude Lustre, Sunshine, Prized Peach

Below is the swatch of Nude Lustre. I did a heavy swatch so you can see how it looks with heavy application. The left side is a bit lighter so you see how it sheers out. It applies smoothly and it's not tacky. I think it applies rather like a MAC gloss.


Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Nude Lustre

I became skeptical about Nude Lustre looking good on me because it seemed so desperately orange when I first took the doe foot out of the tube. But it blends amazingly with my natural lip color so it passes off mostly like a dark nude. What bothered me more when I first put it on was the disconcertingly artificial citrus odor. Thankfully, it goes way. Either that, or my nose just got used to it after awhile that I didn't notice it anymore. But it's not the worst odor on planet lipgloss and is far better than the overwhelmingly sweet vanilla smell of Bare Escentuals glosses that you can detect from a mile away and doesn't dissipate at all. The formula is really nice and I think other colors may be worth checking out during emergency lipgloss trips to Target.

Nude Lustre turned out to be a rather poor match for Sunshine because it is a lot more orange and does not have a pearl finish. You end up with "your lips coated in a bit of orange" but not in a bad way. It's very shiny. Super Lustrous is the right name for it! This will actually work out nicely with the tangerine trend if you just want a touch of orange that still passes off as reasonably natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment