Saturday, March 5, 2011

NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Wicked and Cheyenne


I have had good experiences with NARS eyeshadow duos. When Sephora had this ridiculous promotion where they sold them for $10 apiece, I snapped up the two duos they offered. At that point, it didn't actually matter what color the duos were. What a steal!




Wicked is a green duo. One side is a pale green with shimmer and the other is more of a yellow green with a sateen finish. I'm not big on pastels but kind of can't really lump this duo into that category. In my mind, I was seeing neon. Swatching them, they were of typical NARS quality. Very pigmented, very smooth and true to the color in the pan. The swatches below were done with no primer or base of any kind.


NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Wicked



When I finally decided to put Wicked on, I really loved the green. I did a light wash all over the lid with the light green and then did the outer half of the lid with the yellow-green. I just kind of blended it in and wore it with some black liner on the top lashline. Then I lined the bottom lashline with Urban Decay's Underground Pencil. I thought it would be really loud but on a late winter's day, with some bright sun and temperatures in the 40s, it felt nice to have that pop of color on the face. It was surprisingly subtle. I even wore it with a much brighter lipstick than I usually wear and it just went with the whole look. It's definitely a spring color. I've worn it the whole day without primer and it didn't crease on me. Used with the NARS primer, the colors intensify tremendously. I like the subtle effect better. You see enough of the color anyway, even without a base.

The other duo I have is Cheyenne and it's a kind of orange on one side and a maroon on the other. The combination reminded me of rust... or peppers. They both have a light sateen finish and are extremely well-pigmented. Honestly, I have never used it because I'm still trying to figure out how I'm actually going to do that :D These are a bit out of the box for me but I will get to them at some point in the summer. Once I've decided how to go about it, I'll update this post.


NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Cheyenne



I'm really glad I picked these up when I did. NARS still sells these duos on their website at full price but you'll find it amongst discontinued items. As I've said, I just swatched Cheyenne for you since I haven't decided how I'm going to use it. As for Wicked, if you're looking for a lovely pale green and yellow-green duo, this one is absolutely top of the heap. Love 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment