Tuesday, March 1, 2011

MAC Lustreglass in Love Nectar

So off we went to the MAC counter and the associate and I went through oodles of lipglass, lustreglass and plushglass testers. Every possibility went against the tiny tube of Sunshine and was rejected as too beige, too bright, too brown or simply not close enough. I imagine the selection wasn't complete as it seemed totally impossible that MAC does not make a color that fits the description "nude-peach with a pearl finish." But could I possibly walk away without taking something home? Uh, no...



It wasn't peach enough in the tube but I totally fell in love. It was called Love Nectar. On my lips, it turned a beautiful nude with a slight peachy finish and it had the prettiest shine. I like the texture of most MAC glosses. You can feel some grit in some shades but this one is very smooth and I just know I'm going to get a lot of use out of it.


MAC Lustreglass in Love Nectar

I like that I can wear this shade by itself if I'm going for a naked lip look. It may render slightly washed out but if you have a really strong eye on, it works. The shine lends itself well to lipstick-topping too. The lasting power is kind of mid-range. I've seen some that last longer. But wear time is generally decent as long as you're not eating or drinking.




I swatched it next to one of my old Chanel Aqualumiere lipglosses because I thought the color would be similar but it's really not. I think that when I have it on, Love Nectar really does come close to Sunshine. The color is more beige but the subtle sparkle translates to a very similar finish to Sunshine. In time, I grew to appreciate this color more. Of the set of glosses I attempted to dupe Sunshine with, this is one my favorites. So much so that even if it didn't look like Sunshine, I think it's worth buying and worth keeping. It's comforting to know that this is in MAC's regular line of glosses because that means I can repurchase. Win win!



From left: Chanel Aqualumiere Gloss in Bondi Beach, MAC Lustre Glass in Love Nectar

If I hit the MAC store next time, I'll take another look at the selections. Meantime, it's off to Target tomorrow to see what Revlon has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment