Monday, March 21, 2011

Laura Mercier Hydratint SPF 15 in Apricot

If you're looking for a tinted lip balm that's a little more luxurious than a tube of Burt's Bees, you might want to look into the Laura Mercier Hydratint line.



I have a couple of these lipbalms. One in Plum Tint and this one in Apricot Tint.




They're very moisturizing and deliciously sheer. When my lips feel particularly dry or are chapped, I tend to reach for these instead of lipstick or gloss. I get a tiny dose of color and all the comfort of my favorite balm.

Laura Mercier Hydratint SPF 15 in Apricot ($20)



Apart from its hydrating properties, it also has SPF 15. The scent is citrusy but mild and the color is buildable to a point. They're designed to be sheer but you can definitely see color. It lasts a pretty good length of time for a lipbalm, I think. While it doesn't stain, unless you wipe it off completely, some of the tint does remain on the lips. I wear these alone or under gloss but I've found it nice to combine the tints as well, to create a custom color. There are several colors to choose from. Below I've mixed Apricot and Plum for a kind of natural juicy lip shade. Love 'em!


Swatches from left: Apricot Tint, Plum Tint mixed with Apricot, Plum Tint

No comments:

Post a Comment