Friday, March 25, 2011

Lancome Creme Radiance Clarifying Creme to Foam Cleanser

While I've been using a mild bar soap to wash my face lately, I've always been partial to liquid cleansers. I also love a good foam. Trying out Lancome's Creme Radiance Clarifying Creme to Foam Cleanser, I found the feel of the cleanser I used for years growing up. As a teen in the late 80s and 90s, I ran on a steady diet of Pond's and later L'Oreal cleansers. The benchmark cleanser was a cream that lathered up very nicely and cleansed your face to a squeaky shine. I'd say Lancome stayed true to that benchmark and this cleanser is a lot like those.




It comes out of the tube all white and creamy and with a pea-sized drop, lathers richly. I think it does a good job with any makeup left on my face although I would not suggest skipping makeup remover. It does have a scent. It's not unpleasant although I think that there are cleansers that smell much nicer. All in all, I feel like it's a very ordinary cleanser. Like most foaming cleansers, it's a tad drying although in this case, it's not too bad. I use a little more moisturizer than usual after I use this but at least my skin is not irritated. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite the effect I was hoping for in a $25 tube (for 4.2 oz.) of facial cleanser. I went through a 1 oz. sample and was not impressed. Back in the 90s, this formula would have been my staple and someone with oily skin might well appreciate it today. But spring has just started and my skin is coming from its dryest state. I might be able to get away with using it in the summer but it is still too drying for right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment