Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hello Kitty Glittercute Eyeliner in Grape Soda (deluxe sample)



Have you ever been inspired to wear a big pink bow on your head? No? Me neither. But walking into Sephora over the weekend and seeing the ladies in their Hello Kitty looks made me very curious. I'd have bought that giant pink headband some of the associates were wearing (with the bow on it) for my daughter if they sold it. I thought about getting some of the Charmmy Eyeshadow Sticks but opted instead to pick up Sephora's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Pinky Grey (506) and get a deluxe sample of the new Hello Kitty Glittercute Eyeliner in Grape Soda.







I thought I'd swatch the two for you, although I haven't gotten around to playing with them much. I think I can actually use them together. They work well color-wise. My initial thoughts are that Hello Kitty's Glittercute Eyeliner seems a bit glittery and I'm concerned that it's not age-appropriate for me to be wearing it. I use some glitter eyeliners from Urban Decay and Chanel and it's not really a problem but I don't think any of them are this glittery. Still, this may work out.


Swatches from left: Helly Kitty Grape Soda, Sephora Pinky Grey

I was concerned about glitter fallout but it did not become an issue. My eyes didn't get irritated from the glitter. I don't ever line the inner rim or the waterline so my experience is limited to the lashline and above it. I thought that it would fade quickly without an eye primer but I wore it around the house all afternoon yesterday and it held up. It does not apply heavily so you may have to run over the line a few times to get some intensity. All said, it's a nice violet color that's a bit heavy on glitter. It doesn't inpire me to buy a full-size version purely because of the heavy glitter. I may yet splurge on a Charnny Eyeshadow Stick though. When I've used the Sephora Jumbo Eye Pencil a bit more, I'll have a full review out for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment