Saturday, March 26, 2011

Guerlain KissKiss Gloss in Frizzy Mango


This is shade 849 Frizzy Mango from the Guerlain Spring 2011 makeup collection. I would describe it as pinkish peach with gold shimmer. If you're looking for a good coral gloss, this may also fit the bill.




This is actually the first time I've tried Guerlain lip glosses. I have a few lipsticks, some KissKiss and some Rouge G ones but this is my only experience with their glosses. I have tried to wear this lip gloss by itself, with lip liner, with an opaque somewhat dark lipstick to a sheer light-colored lipstick. I am really impressed by how it transforms each shade into something unique and most of all, by how long it lasts on the lips! The texture is reminiscent of the Chanel Glossimer but it's less tacky so it's more comfortable to put on. I always thought that the tacky glosses last longest but this has surprising longevity. The shine is beautiful, not too intense but it has a presence. Although it's on the sheer side, it can be worn alone for a touch of coral on the lips.


Guerlain KissKiss Gloss in Frizzy Mango

I thought that I had something similar in my collection and put the tube next to some other coral glosses. I chose the Chanel Aqualumiere in Candy Glow and Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Bellini. Color-wise, they're definitely in the same family but the finish is different in each one. Candy Glow is very sheer on, doesn't last very long and doesn't have the golden shimmer of Frizzy Mango. Bellini is also extremely sheer and has less pink pigment so it comes off as more orange. Frizzy Mango is the most pigmented of the three and the one I'd pick if I were to wear the gloss alone.


From top: Bellini, Frizzy Mango, Candy Glow

From left: Candy Glow, Frizzy Mango, Bellini

I went on that crazy hunt to replace my Clinique lip gloss in Sunshine when all I needed was Frizzy Mango, which I came upon quite by accident. I was actually at a Guerlain counter trying on foundation and fell in love with the gloss instead.

I've determined that I'm going to milk this tube of gloss for all its worth thru the spring and possibly summer. I have already tested some new Rouge Coco Shine shades and have picked out what I'm going to be wearing with Frizzy Mango (hello Biarritz - a coppered beige). But I'm trying to go easy on the expeditures so I plan to wait another month before picking it up. Guerlain's been impressing me lately. I might have to put a couple more of these glosses and some items from the Terracotta line on my wish list.


No comments:

Post a Comment