Monday, March 14, 2011

Essie Topless & Barefoot Nailpolish

Essie has some new colors out for Spring and I picked out Topless & Barefoot to take home with me. I also got a sheer white called Jackie Oh My (not part of the Spring collection). It was half off so I figured, why not?


Essie Nailpolish in Topless & Barefoot and Jackie Oh My

I have a few Essie polishes in my collection and they are all very sheer. Topless & Barefoot seemed a lot more pigmented than any of them so I was truly excited to put it on. The first time I had it on, it didn't apply very evenly and it had already chipped in a couple of places by the next day! I was so disappointed. But I loved the color and thought that I just needed to make a few adjustments in the way I apply it. So the next time around, I used thicker coats and didn't press the brush against the nail. I was literally just gliding the color on and that did the trick!


Essie Topless & Barefoot


As for Jackie Oh My, it's a sheer white, much like a lot of Essie's other colors. If you like sheer colors, Essie offers many colors in a sheer formula. Topless & Barefoot, while not sheer, is a lovely everyday neutral that can be worn year-round for any occasion. It photographs a bit pink in room lighting but with natural light, you can see that it's really a creamy beige. I can see myself using this a lot. Topless & Barefoot is part of the spring collection called A French Affair, which features 5 other colors.


Essie Topless & Barefoot

UPDATE 5/20/2011: I saw Topless & Barefoot and Kisses & Bises, both from the French Affair collection, now at 30% off at my Target. If you like this color, this might be the time to check out yours. YMMV.

UPDATE 6/28/2011: I had this on my toes for just over a week and then it started to chip. I love this color but I feel like Essie polishes just aren't as long-lasting as other brands I've tried. Especially on toes, the premature chipping was a disappointment. (I've had polishes that lasted well over a month without a single chip). Ok if you replace colors frequently. Not so ok if you don't have a lot of time to redo your pedicure.

No comments:

Post a Comment