Monday, March 7, 2011

Essence Perfect Match Eyeshadow Duo


If you remember the NARS Wicked duo that I reviewed last Saturday, I tried to wear this Essence duo in Perfect Match exactly the same way and I love the way it turned out. The lighter, shimmery green all over the lid up to the crease and the darker green on the outer corner and blended into the crease. Then I used MAC Shroom to highlight under the brow. With some brown eyeliner and a thick coat of mascara, it livened up the eyes so much. I felt my face was brighter even if the eye itself was the most subtle green.


Essence Eyeshadow Duo in 06 Perfect Match ($1.99)


While the shadows themselves aren't the most pigmented or smooth shadows money can buy, I think that for $1.99 these are definitely worth it. They compare with Maybelline eyeshadows although I find these less powdery. The pigmentation is about the same though. You can wear it without primer for subtle color. It's never creased on me. If you want intense color payoff, you should use a primer like the NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. Here are the swatches with the base on.



I was so happy with these (they come in some fun colors) that I ended up buying 3 more duos which I will swatch for you from time to time. I bought them at Ulta. They're not a "prestige brand" so pretty much all Ulta coupons will work on them for additional savings.

No comments:

Post a Comment