Thursday, March 17, 2011

Chanel Glossimer in Maline

I was playing around at the Chanel counter and I asked the associate if she could recommend a Glossimer that I could use over the lipstick that I was wearing that day. I said that it felt a bit dull and I was wondering if the Extrait de Gloss in Insouciance might be a good fit. She said that I could try it although her initial impulse was to recommend a shade called Maline. "Don't you have Maline?," she asked.


Chanel Glossimer in Maline

I do have Maline! Maline was a color from last Spring (2010). It's a sheer Glossimer with golden sparkles. This was definitely making sense and if it works, I just saved myself $30. I still tried Insouciance and dismissed it as much too brown for my purposes and went home to dig up Maline.







I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. This works over anything that just needs the lightest golden coppery sparkle. It brings the Rouge G in Gilian a little bit of life without changing the color. This was exactly what I wanted. There's no rule that says you can't mix and match brands, right? My Chanel lady is a genius. It's what keeps me coming back.


Guerlain Rouge G in Gilian with Chanel Glossimer in Maline



No comments:

Post a Comment