Saturday, March 12, 2011

Boots No 7 Stay Perfect Eye Mousse

I picked up two shades of Boots No 7 Stay Perfect Eye Mousse at Target yesterday. The shelves of the cosmetics aisles have been cleaned up and purged of clearance items so I found them in a bunch of bins further down by the pharmacy. At $1.98 apiece, I couldn't resist getting two colors.


Boots No 7 Stay Perfect Eye Mousse in Lilac and Khaki

Swatching them at home, I got a whiff of the light as air mousse formula. It's very, very soft on the skin and glides likes butter. I really love the texture. I also like the packaging. The tube feels a lot more hygienic than a pot. These tubes remind me of Laura Mercier Metallic Creme Eye Color. And I love those. As for the color, there seems to be a world of difference between the two. Lilac comes off very light and very sheer on. Khaki just explodes with color. It's a greenish gold.


Swatches from left: Lilac, Khaki

I still had my makeup on when I opened these and I didn't want to apply anything to my lids just yet. But I was curious as to how they would look layered with other shadows so I grabbed the first thing I saw on my vanity, which happened to be the Ombres Perlees de Chanel eyeshadow palette. I quickly swiped some green on top of Khaki and the violet on top of Lilac. See below. I'm definitely going to try to use it as a cream base for these shadows.




I just got these so I haven't actually worn them. As far as first impressions go, I really like them. These thrill me because at the moment, I don't have a cream that's lilac or khaki. If there's anything noteworthy about these, I'll be sure to update this post. If you're interested though, try to snag what you can while they're on clearance.


No comments:

Post a Comment