Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weekly Countdown First Edition

I'd been mulling over features to do on the weekends, when I don't have product reviews or any sale items I would like to tell you about. I was surprised that I never thought about it before. I should do a weekly countdown of my favorite items for that week! The very first job I had was as a radio DJ (see About Me) and the weekly or even daily countdown was such a fundamental part of programming. I see no reason why it can't be part of a blog. Of course, my "charts" won't be based on any kind of scientific method, survey or votes. It's just an arbitrary list of items that I've been using or thinking about the entire week. It could be my favorite shade of eyeshadow, a "flavor of the week" lip product or my latest discovery that I've been able to sample and am planning to purchase. It could even be a haircut or a picture in a magazine. It's hard to be obsessed with beauty. There's always something on my mind.

For this week, here's my top 5:

1. Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy - I just wrote the review 2 days ago. You can't miss it. I have been using it endlessly since the day I got it. It's as versatile as I imagined. When I ordered it over the phone, the Sales Associate had asked me how many tubes I wanted. I giggled and said, just one. It was not a ridiculous question. I should've ordered two.



2. Laura Mercier Powder Fan Brush - Now here's another item I need two of. I use it for everything powder! I use it for loose powder, blush, highlighter, even to blend out my eye colors. You must have this brush. It will beat out any other fan brush that you own.




3. Revlon ColorBurst Lipsticks - I bought the shade Blush and was blown away. It rivals my $30 lipsticks. I pass the Target aisle where these lipsticks are and I have to stop myself from buying another shade. Some of them have been on clearance for $3 or so. I could buy 10! But I will not. I did buy one more...




4. JK Jemma Kidd Stain, Flush Blush Concentrate in Masquerade - This is one item that genuinely surprised me. I was fully expecting not to like it that much but it's probably the best stain I've ever used. Lasts all day too!




5. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation - My favorite SA sat me down for a makeover and applied this new foundation on me and I was sold. I swatched it on my hand, spread it out and it melted right into my skin. I am looking forward to getting my own bottle during triple points. I can wait one month. Actually, I can't wait! I took home some samples to make sure I'm happy with the shade selected and once I have my own bottle, you know I'll have the review ready.



No comments:

Post a Comment