Monday, February 21, 2011

Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in Soft Rose

I was so in love with the first shade I got of Revlon's ColorBurst lipsticks that I had to see if there were any more shades that were as good. This time, I got something a little more robust instead of nude. This is Soft Rose.

Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in 040 Soft Rose



True to my original experience, this lipstick has a moisturizing creaminess that glides on the lip very nicely. The color is semi-opaque and reaches full intensity in a couple of swipes. Unlike Blush, I don't have any shade in my stash that comes close to Soft Rose. The name seems apt. It's a rosy color but subtle. As it leans red, I find it to be a very grown-up, almost formal shade that I could wear for everyday but would probably reserve for special occasions. It would have been perfect for Valentine's Day.




Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in Soft Rose




Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in Soft Rose

I really like the feel of this lipstick on my lips. It's moderately long-lasting but comes off cleanly. I just hate it when a lipstick leaves a stain when you try to remove it. So I'm pleased that despite it's heavier color, Soft Rose does not leave a tell-tale mark. In bright light, it becomes really soft in color. But with heavy application, you could get a rather regal color. I wore it to dinner one night and dressed it up with Chanel's Nude Lipliner and the new Glossimer in Aragonite which is a clear gloss with multi-colored sparkles. I found that it photographed more true to color than when I'd worn it by itself.


Revlon Soft Rose with Chanel Nude Lipliner and Chanel Aragonite Glossimer

Another thing I appreciate about this line of lipsticks is that the case, while black and discreet, gives me an easy time trying to figure out what shade is in the tube. The color swatch on the cap is again fairly accurate, just as the case was with Blush. So I can have these lined up on a lipstick organizer and I can quickly figure out which one I want.


Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in Soft Rose

If I'm raving about this lipstick line, it's just because I totally love the two that I've bought. I almost wish I'd discovered it sooner. But then again, how many tubes does a girl need? I think I've exhausted the color selection from the clearance pile. If all the colors went on clearance, I would try to get a nice peach or coral and maybe a lilac or plum. For now, I think I'm just going to enjoy my new discovery. Maybe you'll find a new favorite too.

2 comments:

  1. i got this! its awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I got this shade last week too. I am a wheat skinned Indian lady and this shade really suited my skin.
    I love it. I wish I had got it earlier too.
    You must try raspberry 045. This is an awesome natural red.

    ReplyDelete