Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in Blush

I like nude pink shades of lipstick and when confronted with a whole slew of pinks and I see a color called Blush, I expect a winner. Revlon's ColorBurst Lipstick in Blush did not disappoint.




Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in 035 Blush



Target had about 8 different colors on clearance when I last looked. I grabbed 035- Blush and when I swatched it at home, I was not surprised to find that it looked a lot like about 7 other lipsticks that I have. It looks dangerously similar to Burberry's Antique Rose and is a less brown version of Chanel Rouge Coco in Perle and/or Stunning.


Swatches from left: Rouge Coco Stunning, Revlon Blush, Rouge Coco Perle

But of course there are differences. This Revlon lipstick is smooth and utterly creamy. In that regard, it is more similar to Burberry lipsticks than the Rouge Cocos. It doesn't apply in the same way as either of those brands. To a certain extent, it comes out less opaque but it's certainly not sheer and it's quite a bit glossier. It has a cream finish, no frost. I think it lasts a decent amount of time on lips, a few hours, but never feels dry. The scent is mild and rather unidentifiable and disappears shortly after you put it on.



Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in 035 Blush




Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in 035 Blush

The case is a matte black plastic that is reasonably sturdy and nondescript. I love that it has a swatch of the color on the lid and that the swatch is fairly accurate. The bullet actually looks like it's the same color. (See photo above). But comparing this to Chanel or Burberry lipsticks, the biggest difference of all is that it is now on clearance for about $3. I'd say it is most similar to Burberry's Antique Rose in color and texture but without the overwhelming rose scent and bulky metal case. Burberry lipsticks are also $30. Which one would you buy?


Shimmer flecks in sunlight

If I didn't already own several other lipsticks that look just like this, I would buy another tube right now. I love this nude pink shade so much! Perhaps this shade is being discontinued and I feel like grabbing a couple more if I ever see it again. I kind of wonder if the entire line will eventually go kaput. This purchase was a complete grand slam that I just had to go back for another shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment