Saturday, February 26, 2011

Maybelline Expert Wear Blush in Gentle Rose



Maybelline's launched the new Fit Me line with foundations and blushes so my local Target had marked down the old Expert Wear ones to half off. I saw about 4 shades but as I gravitate more towards easy to wear baby pink shades, I picked Gentle Rose.


Maybelline Expert Wear Blush in 30 Gentle Rose





Talk about gentle. So gentle, I can hardly see it when I put it on. This shade sorely lacks pigment. I don't know if that goes for all the blushes in this line or just this one but it is impossible to swatch and barely shows up on the cheek. I shouldn't complain really. I'd rather have a buildable shade than a super-pigmented one and I normally gravitate towards sheerer formulations. But this was really a challenge. I had to bust out my stiff Kashuk Tool multi-purpose brush to dig into the product and really see the pop of pink. Even then, it does not last all day. But I've found a better use for this sheer blush. I use it to set the JK Jemma Kidd stain and the two of them complement each other nicely.




All in all, this isn't a line of blushes that I would recommend because there are far better blushes that are easier to use at the same price point. If you've bought it for a pittance like I have, keep it as a setting powder. You could also try scraping off product into another container and use it like it was a loose powder type of blush. You can more easily grab the pigments that way. You get more product on your brush so you can see it better when on. It will go chalky if you put on way too much but with practice, you should be able to figure out the balance that works for you.

2 comments:

  1. I'm 13. Are there healthy foundations or blushes my age?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly didn't start wearing makeup until about 15 or so. I usually asked for my mom's input regarding colors. If you're looking for something "healthy" though, I think I'd best direct you to a dermatologist. The dermatologist knows what ingredients are beneficial to skin at any age and s/he can explain ingredients to you so that you know what to look for.

    ReplyDelete