Saturday, February 19, 2011

Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Pink Wink

I have to admit, I only bought it because it was a bargain. I had never tried any of the ColorSensational lipsticks and I'd been dying to, since they came out. The display racks were so enticing. There were so many colors to choose from!




Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in 105 Pink Wink



It turned out to be a heavy frosted pink. Not quite what I thought it was going to be. Although I love pink, this wasn't the kind of pink I normally wear.


Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Pink Wink




This is by all definitions a bright red-pink with a lot of frost. If I put it on like I normally put on lipstick, and that is I pile it to full opaqueness, I see the true color of it and it just isn't me. I sense blue undertones, which although teeth-whitening, don't usually work well for me.

I tried again another day. This time I swatched it lightly on my arm and applied lightly on my lips. Then I stood in a sunny room and took these pictures. You might think it's a different product completely. But it's not. The sun provides yellow light so it renders the color slightly peachy and since I applied it quite sheerly, you can see the real color of my lips showing through.






It does have a scent that strangely reminds me of cherry cough syrup. I find the taste rather unpleasant too. A rather chemical flavor that I cannot identify. While it's not completely drying, I find that it does little to moisturize my lips. I admire the pigmentation though and it lasts a very good amount of time. It also leaves a stain. It's not a heavy stain but it leaves a little bit of color even when you try to completely wipe it off.

So while I've found a couple of ways to make this more wearable for me, I'm just not rushing to put it on. I'm rather curious to see who this color looks good on though. If you love Pink Wink, tell me more about yourself and how you use it. Or if you like any other shades from the line, I'd sure like to know what's nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment