Thursday, February 3, 2011

Le Metier de Beaute Face Kaleidoscope Kit


The Le Metier de Beaute Kaleidoscope Kits are not solely for eyeshadows. There is also a Face Kit available that includes a powder, highlighter, blush and bronzer.


Le Metier de Beaute Face Kaleidoscope Kit ($95)


The top layer is the translucent version of their compact powder and provides a soft matte finish. I don't find it to be anything special and I also don't think that it's really translucent. It's more of a light beige. So if you're anything darker than me (NC-25), I imagine it leaving a too light beige cast if you use more than the lightest dusting. For me, it does the job when I just want to drown out some shine.


Translucent Powder

The second layer is the highlighter, called Whisper. It has the lightest touch of pink but is mostly shine. I find that although I like the color of it, it's a little powdery so I need to be careful not to overdo. I sometimes use an angled blush brush to apply it but I always end up with too much product on the brush. I often end up applying this before blush and kind of spreading it out over the highest point of the cheekbone and I can get away without any blush at all. It kind of doubles as a very light pink blush with a sheen.


Highlighter in Whisper

The third layer from the top is the Radiance Powder Rouge in Echo, a popular coral blush. I think this is a beautiful coral color that will be flattering across a range of skin tones. I find that it's very pigmented but the gold sheen tends to overtake the entire look if you put too much on. I actually think that this is shinier than the highlighter, if that even makes sense. If used with the highlighter, I like to apply Whisper on the tops of cheekbones and then stipple in a touch of Echo on the apples and the cheekbone. I feel that it looks more natural that way. You get a little of the pink and a little of the coral so you don't look so shiny or orange. If anyone thinks of asking, it's more coral than NARS Orgasm but the gold finish makes it seem similar.


Blush in Echo

The bronzer seems to be Sunkissed and although I see little hints of sparkle on the pan, once on, I think it's more of a matte medium bronze. It's a good bronzer. I can't really complain. It's nothing exceptional but it's nice.


Bronzer


Swatches from left: Translucent Powder, Highlighter in Whisper, Blush in Echo, Bronzer

I like the idea of this face kit and I bought it thinking it would be great to have all these in one tiny package that I could tote around with me everywhere. I suppose it's nice for travel. But after owning it for several months now (I actually bought this before I got the Le Cirque Eye Kit I reviewed previously), I've found it to be too bulky for my purse and too big and expensive to leave sitting in the car in various weather conditions. I keep thinking, it has the powder, blush and bronzer and even a highlighter. I should be reaching for this more often. But I'm just not.

I also think that since they already made it this big, it could have used a slot for a nice brush like the one in Shiseido compacts. Because really, it doesn't make sense to tote this around and then carry a bunch of brushes too. I mean that's fine if I were to put it in my suitcase and leave it at the hotel but this ends up spending the day on my vanity and not in my purse.



My buyer's remorse isn't so bad on this purchase. I think it's overpriced for what you're getting but I like it enough to keep it and try to get more use out of it. My problem here is, if I'm shelling out a hundred bucks for makeup, I have to love it. This, well, I like it but I don't love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment