Friday, February 25, 2011

JK Jemma Kidd Stain, Flush Blush Concentrate in Masquerade

I've been trying a number of products from Jemma Kidd's line at Target and while I typically shy away from stains or cream blush formulations, I could not resist this at half off.


JK Jemma Kidd Stain, Flush Blush Concentrate in 02 Masquerade

I was surprised that this was very easy to use. This differs from other cream blushes, I guess because it's not a cream. But it's not like Benetint, which is a liquid stain. What this is, is a solid stain. When you dip your finger into the pan, you hit a more solid surface than your typical cream blush. But on that solid surface, your finger glides like it would on a stick of butter. You get just a touch of pigment which you apply on specific points of the cheek and blend. This makes it so much easier to work with because you're not getting gobs and gobs of product in one swipe. You build slowly until you get the desired flush. It really does create a flush. And the flush lasts all day! I was very pleased.






The product is not scented and you use so little at a time that it's bound to last forever. As I've mentioned, the staying power is pretty good and it doesn't discolor throughout the day. I've used certain stains that once most of the product's worn away, the stain that is left is so different from what it looked like when you put it on. This doesn't go neon on you, nor does it darken. It stays as it looked the minute you put it on.






JK Jemma Kidd Stain, Flush Blush Concentrate in 02 Masquerade

The color is a sweet, soft pink in the pan but it has greater depth when you apply it. It's not bright pink but it's not a reddish pink either. I don't even know how to describe it except to say it's the perfect flush. For my skin tone, it's dead on natural. I do like the pinkness to show a little more though so I've taken to setting it with a sheer pink powder blush. Not so much to add color because I already like this color, but so that it won't budge. If you've ever tried those cheek pots of Laura Mercier where you get the cream blush and the loose powder blush to set it, that's the effect I go for when I use this. The pink powder blush I use is super sheer and nicely complementary but this stain is so much nicer than any stain or cream blush I've ever used. If you have difficulty with most cream blushes or stains, this is one to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment