Monday, February 28, 2011

Clinique Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 in Guavagold

Let me explain the mission. I am looking for a gloss that is just like a discontinued Clinique lipgloss called Sunshine. Sunshine is a peachy-nude semi-sheer gloss with a pearl finish. Sounds simple enough to find, right? My first stop was naturally, the Clinique counter. Armed with the knowledge that Sunshine is no longer in existence, we pored over the entire display of glosses and settled on 08 Guavagold.




Guavagold is a pretty pink-peach color with a bit of golden sparkle. I was assured that it has the same finish as my old Sunshine gloss. They are from the same line after all. I put it on and it was a very pretty, well, peachy pink. So it wasn't a perfect match and it needed more peach but I did like it so I bought it. Here are more pictures.


Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Guavagold ($14)










Honestly, after a good bit of use, I realize that I'm not too thrilled with Guavagold. The texture of it bothers me a little. It feels ok going on but as the day progresses, it gets stickier and sticker. Somehow, that's not my experience with Sunshine, although I was told that they should feel exactly the same. Also remember how the Clinique associate said that they would have the same finish. That's possibly true but Sunshine had a silvery sheen. Guavagold is more golden. The color is definitely not similar. Guavagold is a very pretty color that would look great on a lot of people. It's pretty sheer but that hint of pink is flattering on my skintone. It's natural-looking. It's just not peach :( It's really more pink. It's supposed to be guava with a touch of gold so I guess the name really suits it. When I had it on in the store, I felt that the color difference was minor but in the end, I just wanted a closer match so I tried another counter. I'll see you at MAC tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. take at look at Prrr by MAC..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see Prrr when I looked at the MAC counter :( We looked at all the testers and I guess they didn't have it. I got something else. But I'll try to go to a MAC store next time and look at it. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share your dilemma. It was such a great gloss, on its own or over tint or lipstick. Guavagold was suggested and yep - way too pinky/gold. The little tins of Rose-tinted Vaseline are pretty good and a darn sight cheaper.

    ReplyDelete