Friday, February 18, 2011

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy


It was the highlight of my day. My daughter and I were staring out the second floor window just as the UPS truck pulled up. Out came the UPS man, who smiled at us and said hi, as he ran to leave the precious box at my doorstep.

I ran down to get it and true enough, it was the shipment from Nordstrom. My local Nordstrom was not one of the lucky stores to get the exclusive preview of Boy so I had to do a little research and find the closest store that did. The counter manager at the Short Pump store in Virginia happily assisted me and shipped me a tube. I had to wait 3 days to get my lipstick. But hey, it beats waiting for the April launch.




Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 54 Boy




The Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy is a much-hyped shade in the upcoming Rouge Coco Shine line. The main description for this line is right on the box. It's a hydrating sheer lipstick. Hydrating. Check. Sheer. Check. Shine. Check. Lipstick? Hmmm... more like a stick gloss. When you put it on, you notice how light it feels and how it just glides on the lips. The color payoff is little to nothing but that's within the realm of expectations. The scent is rosy, just like the original Rouge Coco lipsticks. It's pretty much everything I expected it to be, packaged in a shiny little black tube that looks like a Rouge Coco, just a little slimmer.




Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy ($32)



I was looking at the shade list for the upcoming release (18 in all, including Boy) and thought, I would probably buy Boy anyway so why wait? It's described as a natural rose. It's a pink, by all means. Very soft and warm. Wear time is a lot less than the Rouge Coco lipsticks. Maybe a couple of hours. Definitely something you would have to touch up at every turn. Will not last through a meal and will wither away quickly with drinks. Some may argue, well that's not worth it! It is very sheer but I really like it. I just feel like it's a really practical shade to keep in the purse. It will go with anything and can be worn by anyone at any age. I used to lug around the YSL Gloss Sticks in the spring and summer but I think I'm going to make the switch to these. I love the lightweight feel and the super-smooth texture that almost reminds me of the the Aqualumiere Glosses that I love so much. Those Aqualumieres are saying bye-bye. Both gloss and lipstick lines. This is what we're getting in exchange.

I do feel that it's expensive. Not that YSL was cheap. But this is definitely something you need to save up for if you want it. Also because there's not a lot of product in there. With continued use, I might need a new tube every 2 months. Which means that by the time the full range launches, I will need a new shade! Or a replacement. Or both. I'm thinking coral for next time around. Oh, boy...

No comments:

Post a Comment