Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chanel Glossimer in Aragonite

I have a newfound respect for the Chanel Glossimer. I never thought much of them until last year, which was when I really started picking up various colors. It's rare that I wear them alone though. Almost always on top of lipstick. I buy them not because of the pigmentation but because of the shine. Nothing does shimmer and glitter quite like the Glossimer.


Chanel Glossimer in Aragonite


For Spring 2011, Chanel released a couple of glosses but I only got Aragonite. At first I didn't think much of it. It's basically a clear gloss. But those sparkles. I put it on bare lips and as I stared at the rearview mirror of my car outside of Nordstrom, I was awestruck. Look at all those colors! Now this is not just any clear gloss...








Chanel Glossimer in Aragonite

It doesn't swatch like much, I know. But the clear base is about as versatile as you can get. This goes well on top of anything. Heck, it even seems to go well all by itself. It is so easy to use. The feel and application are pure Glossimer. Smooth, a little sticky and definitely longer lasting than a lot of other glosses. For something with so much glitter, I don't feel any grit. The particles seem as fine as can be.

Granted this is a spring item, it's really a year-round color. Pair it with anything and watch your lips just dazzle. (Did you see what it did to my $3 Revlon lipstick yesterday? See here.) This is no Chapstick. I'm never going to say clear gloss is pointless ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment