Sunday, January 16, 2011

The search is on...

Winter is here again and my search continues for the emperor of all facial care products. Well, I'm looking for a few things really. A cleanser, a serum, a moisturizer and maybe a toner. I'm fairly loyal to certain facial cleanser and moisturizer combos that I would buy them over and over but I always wonder, is there something better? There's one combo in particular, that I've been using for years.

Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser and Moisturizer

I hope that Aveeno never discontinues this Ultra-Calming line. I rotate my facial products constantly but I always have these two around. The Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser fulfills my need to feel clean but never irritates my skin. If my cheeks are mighty red, this is one of the few items that does not aggravate that redness and over time calms it down. Used in combination with the Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15, it's a daytime duo I may never replace. 

I've tried at least one other product from the line, the moisturizer for nighttime but that didn't work too well for me. I disliked the texture, the odor and I had a hard time spreading it over the skin without rubbing it in. Rubbing is super bad for the skin on my face, especially when it's red and irritated. It hurts! Thankfully, there are methods to keep the irritation at bay and ensure that I'm always ready to face the day, makeup or no makeup.

I guess it's only natural to get wrinkles in your thirties and I've been trying to find ways to keep that in check as well. So once in awhile, allow me to feature the results of my product testing. I do buy the products that I will be featuring but I also rely on free product samples that I get with makeup purchases. I don't get paid to test any of these things! But as I allow my bathroom to be a laboratory, my only aim is to share my experiences in hopes that none of my friends will ever have to shell out for total junk or splurge on an item that makes promises it can't keep.

For now, let me devote one week to skincare. Let the search begin!

2 comments:

  1. I first met Aveeno when I travelled to America in 2004 and was desperate for a cream that would fix Cerise's eczema. I was impressed by their range of products, both lotion and oatmeal bath that I bought Aveeno products for Africa and brought them home! The products were effective, albeit temporarily. It really was just for relief than for prevention that I ended up throwing away a few bottles and sachets after years of never opening them.
    Now, Aveeno is everywhere here but I haven't gone back. Maybe I should, especially now that their range of products has greatly expanded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, the eczema. I personally love Aveeno but it doesn't seem to do much for my daughter. We've pretty much settled on Cetaphil gentle wash and cream for her daily use. On the worst areas, we use Eucerin. But on some days, I just use my L'Occitane shower oil on her and it seems to be fine. It costs more than Cetaphil though so I try not to do that so much :p

    ReplyDelete