Thursday, January 6, 2011

L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm in Succulent

I can't live without lip balm. Chapstick, Burt's Bees, Soft Lips, you name it. I've used them all. I have one stashed around every corner of the house like a box of Kleenex (I have one of those everywhere too). What hasn't worked for me as well are tinted lip balms. In pretty much all formulations I've tried, I like the clear product and was not happy with the tinted one. But I thought I'd give L'Oreal HIP Jelly balms a try. I picked the pink shade, 520 -Succulent.

L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm in Succulent

When I got home and opened the jar, I thought, wow, this looks like something I already own. As I dug through the little jars of lip product, I found my trusty old Bloom Solid Lip Gloss in Cutie Pie.


Bloom Solid Lip Gloss in Cutie Pie

From left: Bloom Cutie Pie and L'Oreal Succulent

I could swear they were practically the same thing. When you put them on, Cutie Pie is only mildly more opaque but otherwise, it's a perfect dupe.

Swatches from left: Cutie Pie, Succulent

If you needed further proof of their similarity, I think the swatches will do the trick. That said, the L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balms are really nice. This is the perfect shade of pink for me. I love how it moisturizes and gives a hint of color. Smells good too! I'm even more thrilled that it's a dupe for Cutie Pie because Bloom products are so hard to find where I live. At least I know there's something else out there that does the same thing. One thing to note though is that the item I have pictured above is the old version. These have been repackaged as the Studio Secrets Professional line. The shade still exists but on L'Oreal's website you will find it under the new line.

No comments:

Post a Comment