Monday, January 17, 2011

L'Oreal Go 360 Clean Deep Cream Cleanser

If you've been browsing the facial cleanser aisles, you will undoubtedly run into the L'Oreal Go 360 Clean Deep Cream Cleanser with the little scrublet. When it went on sale at Target, I thought I'd give it a go.

I labored over which of the Go 360 Cleansers to bring home and finally settled on the Deep Cream Cleanser.

L'Oreal Go 360 Clean Deep Cream Cleanser

With the scrublet detached

The L'Oreal Go 360 Clean Deep Cream Cleanser is a milky white formula with a pleasant odor and leaves a nice tingly feeling after you wash your face. I use only a couple of pea-sized drops on the scrublet and I go over my forehead, nose and chin, then the sides of my face. I never use it around the eye area or on the cheeks because I'm afraid to rub anything into those parts. I go over the areas quickly and then I rinse with water. I don't think that vigorous scrubbing is required to get the cleansing effect.

The scrublet is actually really nice. It's soft and doesn't scrape my wet skin. It has a little suction cup thing on one side so you can stick it to most surfaces to dry. When it's dry, you can slip it back into its slot on the bottle.

Scrublet



I think that the cleanser is a little strong and a tad extra drying. It's the kind that you wouldn't want to use on a daily basis because it really strips away moisture. While I enjoyed the tingly sensation that the menthol left, I was afraid that if I used it often, the tingle might turn into irritation.

I imagine that because I opted not to use it on a daily basis, I was able to avoid any adverse reactions to it. I can usually sense if a cleanser is too harsh for frequent use and I felt that this was one of those. I'm religious about putting on moisturizer after cleansing but this left me way too dry that I almost feel I have to put on more. I also think that the scrublet is a gimmick. There's no reason why you can't use the cleanser without it. And truthfully, I dislike having to find a place for it while it dries. I just want a bottle, not a gadget.

Overall, I would say this is not worth repurchasing. I am looking for a cleanser that I can use everyday, no matter what shape my skin is in. This one tends to dry me out so it definitely won't work for everyday and it won't cut it for winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment