Monday, January 10, 2011

Laura Mercier Powder Fan Brush


I've had the chance to use my Laura Mercier Powder Fan Brush for a few weeks now and I really love it. It's a duo-fibre brush in a fan shape that's designed for the new Invisible Loose Setting Powder of Laura Mercier.

 
Laura Mercier Fan Powder Brush ($30)

I have another fan brush that isn't getting much use but eversince I got this, it's never left my vanity. While I have used it with the powder it's designed for and it does a nice job of distributing the powder ever so lightly across your face, I've found other uses for this brush that make it indispensable to my daily routine.

I think this brush is great because it combines the qualities of the Laura Mercier finishing brush (or a MAC 187) with a fan shape. I've seen a makeup artist press a duo-fibre brush into an elongated shape in order to apply highlighters. That elongated shape is exactly what this brush is, so it saves you that extra step. It's perfect for highlighting as it allows you delicious control over the powder pigment to add just a touch of shine on that strip of cheekbone. Brilliant!




I often neglect the highlighter step in my routine but eversince I got the SoHo de Chanel compact, I've been doing it regularly. The problem with that compact is that while you have two highlight shades, the white triangle and the pink strip, it's a challenge to get just the pink. With the Laura Mercier Powder Fan Brush, you have the perfect size head to grab those pink highlighting pigments. You can see in the picture above where I've placed the brush on top of a notebook that the brush isn't even as thick as that 70 sheet notebook, and that's with the bristles loosely packed. That thinness gives it greater versatility over your regular round duo-fibre flat head.

What's also nice is that if you feel like using it as a blush brush, you are able to build the color little by little until you get just the winter flush that you're looking for. It picks up so little of the powder at a time that you are never overdone.


Laura Mercier Fan Powder Brush

The Laura Mercier Fan Powder Brush is packaged as pictured above, with the plastic cover for the head and another for the entire brush. After weeks of using it, I can highly recommend it. If you want a versatile finishing/highlighting powder brush to use not only on the Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder but on highly pigmented or shimmery product, this is one to beat.



No comments:

Post a Comment