Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Pulsion

Chanel Le Vernis in Pulsion

When Chanel came out with a hot pink nail polish for the holidays, I thought it was kind of, well, not so appropriate. Pink and brown for Christmas? But as pink and brown are some of my favorite colors, it was worth investigating.

What attracted me to Pulsion, even if I felt like it was an easily dupeable pink color, was the fact that when I tried it on at the counter, the pigmentation was so opaque. It applied so well that I thought, if I passed on Riviera and every other pink they'd come out with in the last few seasons, I had an excuse to pick up Pulsion.


Chanel Le Vernis in Pulsion ($23)



Bringing it home, application proved a dream. This is probably one of the easiest times I've had applying polish. I did a base coat, 2 coats of Pulsion and a shiny top coat. By day four, the tips had shown some wear but there was no chipping whatsover. In fact I'd worn it for a week and it still didn't chip. I don't even think that it needed reapplication of top coat. It still looked nice if not for the fact that my nails had started growing.




I think it's one of the better shades as far as wear goes and the color certainly didn't disappoint. I ended up really loving this pink. If you're in a rush, it's easy to apply and you could seriously get away with one coat if you really wanted to. While I'm not so hot about such a bright pink for winter, I wore it proudly for that entire week and am looking forward to bringing this bottle out again when the weather heats up.

No comments:

Post a Comment