Monday, January 31, 2011

Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in Fash Pack

While I never hooked on to the entire Particuliere craze, I thought I should give taupe nails a shot. As I'd never seen a Butter counter anywhere, I had to order this color sight unseen. This shade is called Fash Pack.

Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in Fash Pack ($14)

I'd read somewhere that this shade had been given away in a certain magazine awhile back. I thought that if someone wanted to introduce a product into the market, they would want to put their best foot forward. Either that or they just wanted to capitalize on the demand for taupe nail colors.


Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in Fash Pack



The formula is generally smooth. Application was no problem. I think that this applied a little better than Marrow. I had less to clean up. It dries relatively quickly and you get a decent opaqueness in two coats. That said, after I'd applied the two coats, I looked at my hand and, oh my, I had to say that I thought the color was ghastly. It looked as if I'd dipped my fingers in mud. This was not looking good at all. After it had dried a little, I put on my CND Super Shiney Top Coat and looked at it again. The shine improved the entire thing drastically. After a few hours, I think that I finally got used to the color and it started growing on me. I reasoned that it was actually rather perfect for someone who wears a lot of brown and pink. It won't clash with my praline-colored purse and I guess the color lightened up somewhat that I started to see more grey tones rather than an overpowering mud brown.





Photographed in the light, it actually has a very subtle sparkliness, almost an iridescence, that you see in the bottle but not overtly once on the nail. While it probably won't be a go-to color for me, I suppose I understand the appeal of taupe nails now. The color remained chip-free for at least 3 days but needed a touch-up and fresh top coat by then. I had to remove it by the end of Day 4 because it just wasn't my favorite color. However, I am satisfied by the lasting power of the polish.


No comments:

Post a Comment