Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sephora Collection Makeup Palette To Go - Pink Limited Edition

On a whim, I decided to pick up Sephora's Makeup Palette To Go in the Breast Cancer Awareness Edition.



Sephora Makeup Palette To Go - Pink Limited Edition

You get 8 shades of eyeshadow, 4 lip glosses and a nice big pan of blush in the most wearable peachy pink shade. 


Sephora Makeup Palette To Go - Pink Limited Edition ($15)

Eyeshadows

What attracted me to this palette was the shade selection in the eyeshadows. These are the shades I normally wear and always buy. I figured, it can't hurt to get it in one other brand, no? You get a sparkling brown, a matte beige, a satiny violet, a shimmery white, a shimmery pink, a matte brown, a shimmery grey and a matte dark grey. They are reasonably smooth, not too powdery and quite pigmented on application. I was not disappointed at all. Here they are swatched as they appear in the pan.

Eyeshadow Swatches

You can create a good number of everyday combinations with these colors and still have enough options left for more dramatic nighttime looks. The shades are also really vibrant that you could use them atop your favorite eyeliner and done! I like the violet shade especially for that purpose. I have brown eyes and that stripe of violet is just a delightful pop of color that brings out the eyes. Yet if the occasion calls for dark and smoky, you have the tools right here. Bring on the grey and black and even the browns. The possibilities are endless!

But the greater beauty of the palette lies in that it's so tiny but you also get a blush and glosses. They sit in compartments at the bottom of the palette. Slide left for glosses, slide right for blush.

Blush


Blush Swatch

I like this blush a lot. It's some serious competition for NARS Orgasm. It's a bit more pink and more highly pigmented than Orgasm though, so care must be taken when applying. But shade-wise I think it could look great on a wide variety of skin tones. You can't go wrong.

Lip Glosses

Lip Gloss Swatches

If anything isn't stellar about this palette, I'd say it would be the lip glosses. Personally, I just think that the colors are too bright. I was craving more of a neutral bunch. They apply easily though, and the pigment is buildable. They just don't last too long. My thought was, I could use it up or just scoop it out and replace the entire lot with my favorite lipsticks. Now that's an idea!

The bottom pans that slide out are also a little flimsy. They haven't broken yet but I imagine that they could, by accident, suddenly pop open if you stick this in your purse. It's not a major complaint but something to keep in mind.

I'd say, if you're looking for a sweet little indulgence that won't break the bank, this is the answer. Younger sets would especially appreciate the color selection. It makes a great stocking stuffer too. This palette is only $15 and a dollar of that goes to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. I'm surprised it isn't sold out yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment