Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Rouge G de Guerlain in Gisele

I had mixed feelings about the shade Gilian, my first ever Rouge G purchase. I loved the formula of the lipstick but wanted a little more oomph, as far as the color went. I decided to go with Gisele which is described as a deep golden rose.




The formula stays true to my first impression. The pigmentation is very nice, the application very smooth and the feel on the lips, super creamy. When you see it, it's definitely luxurious, what with that heavy silver case with the pop-up mirror.


Rouge G de Guerlain ($46)

On my lips, it's a beautiful slightly mauve red with a golden finish. (The swatch is here.) When I swatch it, I see more mauve but when I take pictures, I see more red. Worn with a neutral eye and cheek, it's a glorious pop of color that lasts a good number of hours unless you wipe it off.


Guerlain Rouge G in Gisele

What's nice about Gisele is that it's great on its own. No need to top with gloss. No need for lipliner. Of course, you could use those things with it. But if you're out, who really has the time? It's also rather happily paired with very little eye makeup and just the lightest touch of blush so you can keep the focus on your luscious lips. This works for me on that level. Maybe not a shade I would wear daily but one I might reach for on a special occasion.



No comments:

Post a Comment