Monday, December 13, 2010

NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

I wasn't really in the market for a new eye primer but a good friend gave me a gift certificate so I thought I'd give this one a try.

NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base ($24)


After a few days of using it, I think I am going to make the permanent switch. It's a colorless base. That's the main difference between this product and all the others I've used. Too Faced Shadow Insurance is probably the closest to being colorless among the ones I've tried but it still has that foundation effect, a sort of beige color to it.

I also like that this has a wand applicator. I take some product off the doe foot with a brush and apply it all over my lid. You could swipe the doe foot quickly on your lid too and use your finger to cover the entire lid with it. But it's quite sticky and dries fairly quickly. You have to work swiftly to evenly spread it across the lid. Being colorless, you can't actually see where the product is and isn't. For this reason, I think that the brush is the best way to apply it. You just make sure you cover the entire lid.


This eyeshadow base has proven excellent in my book. My eyeshadows look vibrant and last all day. I can't say how long the tube will last and if it dries up if you don't use it. But overall, I'm very satisfied with my purchase. I would buy this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment