Friday, December 31, 2010

Maybelline Eyestudio Baked Eyeshadow duo in Navy Narcissist

Blue eyeshadow wouldn't be my first choice on a rainy day but certain blues can look great on. Naturally, I got the Maybelline Baked Eyeshadow duo in Navy Narcissist. This is the last duo I'll be reviewing.

Navy Narcissist

So it's not exactly navy. The darker shade is more a royal blue. The lighter shade is a light blue, pink and dark blue marble that when swirled together creates a metallic light blue. I was surprised that I found myself liking this duo's colors on me. The royal blue seemed too bright but I tried it with some really thick black eyeliner and the result was vibrant but not so '80s like I'd imagined.

I'd been using this with a blue cream shadow and it works really nicely under it. If you're looking for a set of cream shadows that will work with the colors I'd been reviewing, you can check out Revlon's Illuminance Cream Shadow Quad in Moonlit Jewels. That's what I'd been using with all the duos in this collection. It seems to be the only way to keep the fallout at bay.

If you prefer to do the look that Maybelline has attached to this duo, you can reference the instructions here. Navy Narcissist may not be a duo I would wear regularly but if you're feeling blue, this might actually be worth putting on once in awhile. It's not the best of the bunch but most certainly not the worst. It just really depends on how much you like the blueness of it.

So we've come to the end of the Maybelline Eyestudio Baked Eyeshadow Duo week. To sum up the collection's worth, I think these are a good, fairly inexpensive alternative to department store brand baked shadows. I personally don't think I'll be reaching for these much because I find baked formulas a hassle to apply. At this point, no color has proven spectacular enough to warrant the hassle. If I had to pick a favorite, I'd say I liked Khaki Craze the best. But can I live without it? For sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment