Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Maybelline Eyestudio Baked Eyeshadow Duo in Lawless Lavender


I'd been looking forward to trying out the Maybelline eyeshadow duo in Lawless Lavender. I love lavender eyeshadow. It's one of the most flattering shades for brown eyes. This duo has a solid lavender shade on the left side and a marbleized pink and purple combination on the right.

Lawless Lavender

Wet swatches

I was disappointed that they didn't swatch or photograph very well dry. But the swatches do look pretty when done wet. Applied, I think it looks better with a cream shadow/liner base, just like all the other duos in this collection. As a matter of fact, there is no way you can wear this shadow without the cream base. It's going to be a hot mess of glitter that no adult is going to find flattering.

This was somewhat of a disappointment for me because I can't get it to translate on the eye as I see it on the pan. I've tried every form of base and layering but it lacks a certain vibrancy when you put it on. I think the problem is that it just won't adhere. This also creates a little more fallout than the others I've tried so far. Extra care is needed when applying.

If you're still interested in the application instructions and you are somehow able to replicate the "soft shimmer" look with this duo, you absolutely have to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment