Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder and Fan Brush Preview

I recently placed an order with Sephora and was able to get my sample of the new Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder with the mini fan brush. Ironically, one of the items in my order was actually the full-sized Powder Fan Brush. I just wasn't sure I wanted to order the powder yet.

I've been using the Laura Mercier Translucent Powder to set my makeup for years. I even have the Loose Setting Powder from when they used to make it in various shades (not just translucent). Laura Mercier powders are topnotch. I try other brands but I always go back to Laura Mercier. Naturally, I was curious about this new powder.

Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder Sample Box

Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder Sample with Mini Brush

Enclosed in the sample box is a 0.03oz container of the new Invisible Loose Setting Powder and the Mini Fan Powder brush pictured above.

My initial thoughts on the powder itself are that it's very light and disappears into the skin quite wonderfully. I realize that this is, for the most part, silica powder and so it reminds me a lot of the Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder, except that I think Laura Mercier's Invisible Loose Setting Powder is lighter and much smoother going on. The other thing that this new powder reminds me of is the old Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder. The difference is probably in the ingredients, as the new powder has no parabens and no talc. They did not enclose an ingredients list with the sample so I'm going by what I've read about it on Sephora.com.

I have to say that this is all very promising and I might yet be converted to silica powder. I haven't really attempted to put the powder on my face as I literally just got these. But this is only a preview and a little something to satisfy the curiosity of those who might wonder what the special sample would be like. I will certainly get back to you with a full review once I've completely tested out the product.

As for the brush, the sample contains a mini version of the new Laura Mercier Fan Powder Brush.


Laura Mercier Mini Fan Powder Brush

Mini Brush head up close

The mini brush isn't all bad for a sample. It might even come in handy for travel. It's a real mini of the big brush. I'd been looking for a really nice fan brush for ages. I finally did get one but when I saw the pictures for the new Laura Mercier one, ah, I thought. That's the one I need! It's a duo fibre fan brush. I don't know why I've never seen one before but it makes perfect sense. If the idea of the fan brush is light application, then the duo fibre concept can only make it better. So that's the preview of the new powder and the new brush. See my review for the full-sized Fan Powder Brush here. My full review for the new powder is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment