Monday, December 20, 2010

Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Steel

When the Chanel Soho Story Collection became available on Chanel.com, I picked up only two items. One is the Rouge Coco in Stunning, which I've already reviewed. The other is the nail color Steel ($23).



I've only recently begun to realize how awesome the quality of Chanel nailpolishes are. I haven't been disappointed with a single one that I've splurged on. Two coats and it's wonderfully opaque. Not to say that such a dark color isn't tricky to apply. It's still challenging to get it to look perfect and it just doesn't look that good unless its perfect. I was also a little disappointed that on the nail, it didn't look exactly as it does on the bottle. The silver streaks are missing. Nonetheless, I am pleased with how it looks.

Chanel Le Vernis in Steel

I had a hard time trying to capture the microshimmer. When light shines on it, you could see a little bit more of it. This disappears over time though and it ends up looking mostly like plain black polish.

I got about 3 to 4 days of wear before I decided that it was time to change it. It didn't chip on me and none of the Chanel polishes ever do. But the tips needed a touch up by then and it probably could have used another layer of top coat. One thing about really dark polish is that needs to be super shiny. Otherwise, it doesn't quite look right.

I bought Steel because I don't own a grey or black polish except for this teeny-tiny bottle of black that I bought one Halloween but decided against wearing because the quality was so poor. But I put this on and after I'd put on the super shiny top coat, I was amazed that I could like what is basically black nailpolish. I might actually wear this again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment