Friday, December 24, 2010

Chanel Glossimer in Star

For my last SoHo Story feature, I have the Chanel Glossimer in Star.

Chanel Glossimer in Star




The color is a little hard to describe. My first impression was, it's super frosty. I thought it was more platinum in pictures but when I saw it for real, it actually had a kind of mauve base, just really really shiny and sheer.

Chanel Glossimer in Star
I don't collect Chanel Glossimers but I know a good thing when I see it. What caught my attention about Star was how different it went on compared to what I thought it would look like. It has so many micro-shimmery particles that it just glows.

Chanel Glossimers are tacky but not in an annoying way. They last a good few hours on, whether applied on their own or on top of lipstick. For this shade, I definitely recommended not using it alone. What got me to buy it was the effect it had when put on top of the Rouge Coco in Stunning. I honestly really hated Stunning when I got it. But when Star went on it, it suddenly became pretty. It's what Glossimers do, I think. They have an otherworldly sparkle about them which makes all dull lipsticks look awesome once you put the Glossimer on top.



The Chanel Glossimer has the standard doe foot applicator. I still use a lip brush to apply it on top of lipstick though. I just think I'm able to control it better that way. I tried this on top of the Rouge Coco in Perle and it looks super nice. This is my go-to gloss for the season. I think I'm going to put it on top of everything!

The Chanel SoHo Story Collection is a Limited Edition release that is available on Chanel.com and select Chanel counters. Have a Merry Christmas all!

No comments:

Post a Comment