Sunday, November 21, 2010

Revlon Classic Nudes Eye Collection

On a fairly recent trip to Target, I chanced upon a bunch of Revlon eyeshadows with the bright orange sticker (wink wink). 50% off! And I had coupons! Quickly doing the math in my head, I snatched up 2 of them. Less than 3 dollars for an eyeshadow quad and eyeliner! I love Target :)

The first item I got was the Revlon Classic Nudes Eye Collection which consists of the Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eye Shadow quad In The Buff and the Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen in Blackest Black.


It gives you step by step instructions on how to use the products to achieve the look advertised. I followed the steps and I guess it looks like the picture but boy, is this is ever natural looking. It's so natural, I'm not sure I can see it at all. I reasoned that the colors blend so seamlessly with my skin that it really gives me a polished look without giving away that I've popped on 4 layers of eyeshadow and put on a thick liner after. I seriously couldn't even tell if it lasted all day because I could barely see it on. I used the NARS primer and that's colorless so I know it's not affecting the color I'm seeing (or in this case, not seeing). Mostly, all I see is the eyeliner. I have more on the eyeliner here.

Strangely, what this reminds me of is the Guerlain Écrin 6 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette in Rue de Passy. I'm not saying they look the same but I think the tone on tone look it's going for is similar. But here you just get 4 colors and an actual eyeliner pen. These shadows are also quite powdery. When you dip your brush in, powder gets everywhere. Swiped and applied with care though, the fallout is reasonably controlled.

Overall, I'd say if you're about NC20-25 and you're looking for the barely there look on a budget, OR you're just kind of scared of looking like you put on makeup, this is definitely the thing for you. I swatched it very heavily below and you can barely see it. But I bet if you used a cream shadow base or smudged some eyeliner underneath, those colors will pop up a little better. (See my review for the Revlon cream shadows you can use with this here.)


2 comments:

  1. None of the colors are shimmery and they are not matte either. They all have a light sheen and apply extremely sheerly.

    ReplyDelete