Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Rouge Fatal

I've never worn red nail polish in my entire life. Ok, maybe I should say, I never had, until now. Not that I don't own any red at all. I must have maybe 3 or 4 red shades in my stash. I picked up OPI's I'm Not Really A Waitress and never wore it. I have an Essie red shade that I got as a gift with purchase and never wore it. But for some reason, when Rouge Fatal came out, I was smitten.

You would think, a Chanel red? Dragon is always the favorite. But I'd been on a dark polish kick lately and the tinge of brown in Rouge Fatal was probably what nailed it.

Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour Rouge Fatal ($23)

I thought this was a wonderful red for fall. The color is deep red but it still looks red. Not maroon, not berry, but definitely red. As it wears, the brown tones show a lot more, which bothers me. But I've found that if you keep the coats thin and you maintain it with a very shiny top coat, it's fabulous.

The quality of the Chanel polishes I own are all superb. This was no exception. It applies so pigmented that it's tempting to only do one coat but the color becomes really solid with two. I use CND super sticky base coat and CND shiny top coat and I wore it for an entire week. For me, that's an eternity as I rarely keep polish on my hands or more than 3 or 4 days. No chipping, even when I washed dishes. Mind you, I use my hands a lot. Since I do my own nails though, little nicks here and there are easily fixed. With another layer of top coat after a few days, it's as good as new. I'm VERY happy with this color and love the formula. This is my new go-to red.


No comments:

Post a Comment