Friday, November 19, 2010

Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush Rose Temptation

I finally decided to just get it. I must have tried it at the counter at least 3 times before I finally picked it up. That final try, I gave in because it really looked pretty on and everywhere I looked, it was out of stock. The counter I was at only had 2 of them left. Maybe that's why they make limited edition shades. It makes the temptation even worse because once it's gone, it's gone!
 

Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush Rose Temptation

I took another picture, with flash, hoping to show the texture a little better and so that you can see the little sparkly flecks. You can't see sparkles when you put it on but I think they really make a difference in how the blush appears on the skin. Instead of looking flat, it gives it an added dimension. I think the blush photographs a lot lighter and more pink than it looks in the pan in real life. Maybe those sparkles reflect off light and make it look lighter? But it applies a lot lighter than it looks in the pan so the photographs might actually be quite accurate.


I'm totally loving the blush. It gets a little powdery after you dip your brush in but the application is smooth. I had never bought a Chanel Joues Contraste blush before so I can't compare it to other shades. The way it looks in the pan reminds me of Bourjois blushes (baked) but this is a hundred times better. It applies so evenly.

One of my staples is Chanel's Tweed Rose, which I picked because I liked the sheer application and the lovely color. I picked it over the Joues Contraste Rose Petale. When the fall collection came out, the Sales Associate at Nordstrom selected this shade for me. I liked it but wasn't convinced. I wasn't in the market for blush as I loved my Tweed Rose. Plus, with the hefty $42 price tag, it was a purchase that needed much thought. But I'm glad I picked it up anyway. The color is different from any other blush I own. It has brown tones but remains pink enough for my warm complexion. It's buildable and smooth. I can't say anything bad about it really. It's not as easy as Tweed Rose but it's still not hard to use. I find myself using one particular brush for it though. The angled powder brush applies it best, and not on the apples but kind of higher on the cheekbone and to the side. At least on me it looks best that way. I'm not trading off my Tweed Rose for this but it's a nice addition to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment