Sunday, October 3, 2010

NARS Blush in Douceur

My best friend Sheila got me an e-gift certificate from NARS for my birthday and I picked up a few goodies. They arrived in the mail the other day...


I picked up the NARS blush ($26) in Douceur which is new for fall and limited edition. I also got the Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base and a gift with purchase, a dual-ended gloss with Sweet Dreams on one side and Dolce Vita on the other.


I don't own a lot of NARS products. I've had my Orgasm blush for the last decade and I probably lived with that as my only blush for years before I started hauling more. Blushes are among the most popular of NARS products and I've had a good experience with what I have so I thought, why not pick up that new blush off their fall collection.




NARS blush in Douceur

NARS blush in Douceur

This blush is described as a soft pink-brown. I agree with that description completely. When I first saw the product in person, I got a little scared because it looked so brown and I know that NARS blushes have pretty good pigmentation. But Douceur applies rather sheerly and is nicely buildable. As a matter of fact, I have no qualms about piling it on. I feel like it can double as a bronzer too and is nice for mildly contouring cheeks. I've been using it since the day I got it and I love it.

What's great about Douceur too is that it goes with pretty much any eye makeup I put on and doesn't detract from any lip color I choose. That makes it extremely versatile. Too bad it's Limited Edition. Anyway, I'm really glad I got it and again, thanks to my best friend for indulging me.

No comments:

Post a Comment