Monday, October 25, 2010

Giorgio Armani Travel Brush Set

Along with the lipstick that I reviewed earlier, I got the Giorgio Armani Travel Brush Set that Nordstrom had been selling around July. I waited on this because I knew that Chanel was coming out with a brush set too and I wanted to get that one. But I picked it up anyway because I'm a sucker for brushes :)


Giorgio Armani Travel Brush Set - $75

This set includes four brushes with a travel size handle. I was told that the brush heads are actually full-size. The brushes included are the blush, blender (foundation), eye shader and eye countour brushes. It comes in a little zip bag.


You keep two brushes on the left and two brushes on the right.

It's a nice brush set. I don't think it's a complete set really, but it's good for maybe stashing in the car. The blush brush is decent. The hairs are soft and it applies evenly. 

The blender brush, which they designed for foundation application, is not my favorite. In general, I'm big on sponges for foundation application and this brush streaks, like pretty much all foundation brushes I've ever used. It's different from most foundation brushes because of the shape and the combination of natural and synthetic hair but I personally did not think it made a huge difference in application. It's nice for applying concealer though. Good size.

The eye brushes are very nice. If anything, I've found the most use for those two. The eye shader is good for sweeping across the entire lid and the eye contour brush is excellent for those little corners and creases. It's a lovely basic combo which I've used with standard eyeshadow duos that have a highlight and a contour shade.

Overall,  hair and handle are both of good quality on all the brushes. This is a good set but I prefer other travel sets that also include a large powder brush and maybe an eyeliner/brow brush. For $75, I think I got some good quality brushes. Not the absolute must-have but also not bad. The size is definitely great for travel. Nordstrom is currently selling an upgraded version of this brush set for $100 and it includes one more brush and a different-looking bag. I think it makes a nice gift for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment