Friday, October 1, 2010

Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Satin Lip Color in Confidentielle

I really like the formula of Chanel's Rouge Allure lipsticks. After much thought, I think I like them much better than the new Rouge Coco's. On a quick trip to the mall, I spied that Neiman Marcus already had the new lipsticks and glosses. So I got Confidentielle.



If you're not familiar with Rouge Allure lip color, the tube has a black cover and you press the top to pop out the gold tube. You pull it out and you see your lipstick! Pretty cool, huh? 


I love pink lipstick. I buy pretty much at least one variation of pink whenever a new collection comes out. I don't really wear any other shade. Very rarely, I would pick up a darker or brighter shade. On occasion, I like nudes with a peachier or more coral base. But I will always go back to pink.



This is a face-brightening pink shade that isn't garish in the least. It has warm tones but comes out a really natural albeit slightly extra-pink shade on my lips. It's a lovely go-to color, no matter what the season. Funny story, when I tried this at the store, the associate said to me, "It looks good on you. It matches your blush." I was wearing Burberry Cameo blush at the time. Then she asked me, "You're wearing blush, right?" I don't really go around buying lipstick to match my blush but I bought it anyway.

Some days, if I'm feeling like I don't want it to be too pink, I layer it over Flash Quartz, which is my basic "my lips but better shade" that has less pink tones. You could probably achieve the same effect by putting on a nude pencil before Confidentielle.


Rouge Allure Confidentielle Swatch

I really like the shade of pink that this turned out to be (matching blush or no matching blush). I'm certain that this is one of those colors that I'll be going back to a lot, no matter what the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment