Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Burberry 'Lip Cover' Soft Satin Lipstick in Antique Rose

When I got my Burberry blush in Peony, I also got the lipstick in Antique Rose.



Burberry "Lip Cover" Soft Satin Lipstick in Antique Rose

It's a really soft warm pink that looks natural and yet you know you have pink lipstick on. I loved how it felt going on. It was so creamy. However, I think the shade isn't anything unique. From my stash, it seems to look a lot like Revlon's ColorBurst lipstick in Blush. Even the texture is similar except that Burberry Antique Rose applies more opaquely. Antique Rose is also slightly more rosy but depending on how heavily you apply it, they do tend to look very similar on.



Swatches from left: Revlon Blush, Burbery Antique Rose

The packaging is pretty. I normally dislike boxy-looking lipstick cases and was wary when this arrived. But it's actually not too heavy. It just looks it. The edges are also not sharp, which was a relief. It's magnetic, which worried me a little. But it's kind of cute that the cap snaps back into place a certain way every time. The magnets ensure it stays closed.


Burberry Lip Cover in Antique Rose

I shouldn't be surprised at how much I like this shade since I tend to gravitate towards these types of brownish pink colors. I have had no adverse reactions to the formula but if your lips chap, the color will stick to all the wrong places. It also has a tendency to settle into fine lines because of the creaminess. I think that the lips need to be completely dry when you apply it or the color doesn't stick too well.

While this is perfectly pretty used alone, I've also taken to using a lip gloss on top of it to warm up the color a little and smoothen out the fine lines. A whole slew of shades from pink to brown should complement it. It just depends on how you want it to look. I think Laura Mercier's Lip Glace in Cocoa Lait works well with it. Baby Doll should also look nice for a more intense pinkness. You could also try one of the nude shades in Burberry's line.

No comments:

Post a Comment