Tuesday, September 7, 2010

L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Lip Conditioner

A few weeks back, I discovered that Target had put some of the L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Lip Conditioners on clearance. Certain shades had gone down to under $2 so I picked up shade 405-Soft Peach:



I heard that this is the shade that Penelope Cruz wore in the print ad. That's not why I bought it though. I just thought that I needed a change from all the pink I'd been buying lately. Upon opening though, I discovered one serious flaw about the product design. It's the applicator. It has some kind of rubber tip with a small hole on the top. You twist and twist and nothing comes out. All of a sudden, product comes gushing out of the little opening.



I'm not so hot about swiping this rubber tip on my lips so I've taken to using a lip brush to apply the product. Doing this defeats the purpose of the packaging though. What was supposed to be convenient just became annoying. Then, once you think you've pretty much gotten all the excess product off the tip, you put on the cap. But of course, product is still leaking off the hole in the tip. The lid has a kind of stopper on it but all that does is squish into the hole and displace product, which then spills over the sides of it. I don't know if you can see the stopper in this picture but here's what that looks like.




I guess it doesn't look like it's leaking much but that's because I let it sit for a few good minutes before slapping the lid back on. Plus, I cleaned the tip off really well before I put on the cap. But if you're out, do you really have time to do that?

Anyway, the color is a sheer peach-brown. It truly is moisturizing, almost greasy, but not as bad as the Vaseline-dupe NP Set lip gloss I got last week. You don't have to use much to take advantage of its moisturizing properties and no matter how much you slather on, you're not going to get much color.


On lips, it's almost clear. Used on top of lipstick, you can add a significant amount of shine but not much color. I thought it might be a dupe for my Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Sunshine but it sheers out way too much and the finish is completely different.

Overall, for $2, it's not so bad. But I don't reach for this often because the packaging is so inconvenient and messy to use. I am definitely not picking up another shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment