Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Chanel Misty-Soft Eyeshadow Duo


Chanel Eyeshadow Duo in Misty-Soft ($42)



I got this duo as soon as the new duo eyeshadows hit the shelves. I do have a couple of the old Chanel duos and I will say that the new formula is far better. On this duo, the left side is a plummy brown shade that you can use to create contours and shadows. It has a slightly different texture that takes a good number of swipes to intensify. Dark as it seems in the pan, it won't register super dark unless you pile it on. I think it's best used simply as a liner. The right side doesn't quite work as a highlighter for me but is a lovely, shimmery grey-lavender with pink sparkle. I like it all over the lid, up to the crease or just over. It is absolutely beautiful and makes this duo worth the purchase.


As I've mentioned, these new duos are way better than the old Chanel duos which have been phased out. The colors are all very wearable. Each one has a dark matte shade and a sparkly side. The sparkle is totally awesome and I even like the packaging better. That said, the color selections did not impress me too much. They are basic colors and if you have tons of eyeshadow, you may not want to bother, especially because they do cost a pretty penny. For me, Misty-Soft stood out because of the shimmery side. I would pair this with the Cassis waterproof eyeliner swatched below. I think it will be great for an easy fall look that can transition from day to night.


I tend to complete the look by adding a couple of colors from the Enigma quad, Rose Temptation Joues Contraste Powder Blush on cheeks and Rouge Coco Chintz topped with Glossimer Petit Peche, all from the Chanel 2010 Fall Collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment