Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Napoleon Perdis NP Set Lip Gloss Compact in Bronze

The clearance racks at Target have been mostly cleared of anything decent except for some new mascaras (L'Oreal) but as I don't need or want any, I decided to pick up the NP Set Lip Gloss Compact.



NP Set Lip Gloss Compact ($10)



NP Set is the inexpensive line of Napoleon Perdis. As I have no experience with either line, my expectations are limited. They had 3 colors available but the product is not sealed, so it looks like people have opened and swiped their fingers in most of them (ewww). This was the only untouched one, in color Cuba/Bronze.




It looks like there is a lot of product in the pan but the color is really dark. I crossed my fingers that it was going to be super sheer and that I could actually wear it. Since the main ingredient is petrolatum, I imagined that it was going to be mostly like Vaseline (petroleum jelly) with a smattering of pigment.

NP Set Lip Gloss Compact in Cuba/Bronze

I used a lip brush to apply the product because it does not come with any kind of applicator. Once applied, it really does sheer out quite a bit. What I see is mostly the natural pink of my lips with a little shine. It did feel a lot like I was putting grease on my lips and none of that bronze pigment showed. It was disappointing but at least I only paid $2.50 for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment