Saturday, August 28, 2010

Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Cream Blush

As it's still summer, I try to use my more summery blush shades whenever possible. Recently, Sephora was giving away deluxe samples of the Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Cream Blush. I got mine by trading off 100 points from my Beauty Bank. I was a little disappointed though that the free sample was a shade I already owned because I was hoping to try another color. The shade is #6. Sephora.com calls this shade Quickie and describes it as Salmon Pink.


This blush retails for $25 in full size. For that price, it's probably a steal because this will last you awhile if you know how to use it. You have to pump out the product really carefully or you'll get a lot out. All you really need is a tiny dot so this pump method is a real failure in my book. Also, they recommend a stippling brush to apply the product so that means, you pump the product on to another surface (finger or the back of the hand) or directly on your cheek if you can control it, then you can stipple from there. If you can blend it properly before it dries, it looks really natural and pretty. If you can't do it right, it looks bright and splotchy.

Here is the heavy swatch, which shows the color:


I rubbed it off with tissue after I took the first shot and this lighter swatch was what remained:


The product certainly has staying power. Once it dries, you would need makeup remover to get it off. The color really wakes up the face so I don't have problems with how bright and peachy it is. You can try to tone it down with translucent powder if it looks too bright. But once it's dry, you can no longer blend it. I would try to apply as little as possible and blend really quickly and just add another layer if the color isn't enough.

I have to say though that this is so not my favorite blush. I've kept it but haven't found myself reaching for it often because it really is a pain to apply. If I need a real dose of color to brighten my face and I have the time for meticulous application, this is a good call. But personally, I prefer powder blush formulas. They are just so much easier to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment